The Nordic co-operation is one of the world's most extensive forms of regional collaboration involving Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Aland. These countries together form the Nordic regions - Norden - which comprises approximately 26 million people. Combined, the GDPs of these countries make the region's economy the 12th largest in the world. The parliamentary co-operation in the region began in 1952 and was expanded in 1971 with the body for intergovernmental co-operation, the Nordic Council of Ministers.
Every year approximately 100 new Nordic titles are published, approximately 65% of which are in English. These publications are now available online in a single research repository using the renowned iLibrary platform that was developed by the OECD. Subscribers to both subscriptions are able to perform searches through the two collections simultaneously.
The Norden iLibrary was launched last year and as of the end of October 2015, there were more than 800 publications available in READ and PDF formats going back to 2005. In terms of topics covered, the collection includes titles covering agriculture and food (120+), development (70+), economics (50+), education (70+), employment (90+), environment (400+), governance (120+), industry and services (90+), social affairs, migration and health (180+), trade (70+) and others in science and technology, energy, transport, finance and investment, and urban, rural and regional development.
Norden iLibrary Features
- Content can be viewed by country, language, year and title index
- Granular content - users can search and click directly to components such as chapters or articles. Every content level has a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and static URL
- Integrated search results, showing all available file formats (PDF, ePub and READ)
- A citation tool for all content, integrating with popular bibliographic management systems
- Links to previous editions with the option to download any full text item such as tables or chapters from the table of contents
- Users can navigate back and forth via hierarchical "breadcrumb trails"
- Bibliographic records in MARC21 XML format
- COUNTER 4 compliant usage statistics for all content
- RSS Feeds
- READ format enables users to read and share the full text of content on all connected devices: desktop and mobile
- Athens/Shibboleth federated authentications for US and UK institutions
- All Norden iLibrary metadata and full text indexed by four major Discovery Services by mid-2015: EBSCO EDS, Ex Libris Primo, Proquest Summon, OCLC WorldCat (metadata only)
- Perpetual access to subscribed content
- Free inclusion of content in course packs without the need to request further permission
Sign-up for a 2018 Prorated Subscription
"And Save 15%"
Off of the Regular Price of
Renouf is offering New subscribers, who sign up for a 2018 subscription, an introductory 15% discount. Renouf's subscription period runs on the calendar year (January - December) and subscribers will receive a 15% discount off of the regular $1,210.00 US, which will be charged on a prorated basis. Canadian dollar prices are available upon request.
Request a Free 30-Day Trial Access Period
Those of you who would like to evaluate the collection before making a purchasing decision, are invited to contact our Serials Department
and we would be pleased to set you up for a free 30-day trial access period.