The modern Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 53 countries, most with historic links to the United Kingdom. This unique association, with roots as far back as the 1870s, established the Commonwealth Secretariat
in 1965 to serve as the main intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth in order to facilitate consultation and co-operation among member governments and countries.
Each year, the Secretariat
publishes approximately 30 new titles on a range of topics in which it has particular insight and expertise, especially concerning small states, including:
- globalisation and multilateral trade issues
- export and enterprise development
- public service management and reform
- law and human rights
The Commonwealth iLibrary was launched in 2014 and as of the end of March 2020, there were more than 830 ebook titles, 9,300 chapters and 253 working papers going back to 2004.
Commonwealth iLibrary Features
- Content can be viewed by country, language, year and title index.
- Granular content - users can search and click directly to components such as chapters or articles. Every content level has a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and static URL.
- Integrated search results, showing all available file formats (PDF and READ)
- A citation tool for all content, integrating popular bibliographic management systems
- Links to previous editions with the option to download any full text item such as tables or chapters from the tables of contents
- Content in context - related content is just one click away
- Users can navigate back and forth via hierarchical "breadcrumb trails"
- Bibliographic records in MARC21 XML format
- COUNTER release 4 compliant usage statistics
- RSS Feeds
- Read Online feature available to all visitors enabling them to read and share the full text of content on all connected devices: desktops and mobile
- Athens/Shibboleth federated authentication for US and UK institutions
- Perpetual access to subscribed content
- Free inclusion of content in course packs without the need to request further permission
- Unlimited and concurrent access is available online 24/7 by IP address recognition and/or username/password login
Sign-up for a 2020 Prorated Subscription
"And Save 15%"
Off of the Regular Price of
Renouf is offering New subscribers, who sign up for a 2020 subscription, an introductory 15% discount. Renouf's subscription period runs on the calendar year (January - December) and subscribers will receive a 15% discount off the regular $520.00 US price, which will be charged on a prorated basis. Canadian dollar prices are available upon request.
Request a Free 30-Day Trial Access Period
Those of you who would like to evaluate the collection before making a purchasing decision, are invited to contact our Serials Department
and we would be pleased to set you up for a free 30-day trial access period.