Elgar Advanced Introductions are stimulating and thoughtful introductions to major fields in the social sciences, business and law, expertly written by the world's leading scholars. Designed to be accessible yet rigorous, they offer concise and lucid surveys of the substantive and policy issues associated with discrete subject areas.
Providing a comprehensive overview of the current and future uses of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare, this Advanced Introduction discusses the issues surrounding the implementation, governance, impacts and risks of utilising AI in health organizations.
- Advises healthcare executives on how to effectively leverage AI to advance their strategies and plans and support digital transformation
- Discusses AI governance, change management, workforce management and the organization of AI experimentation and implementation
- Analyzes AI technologies in healthcare and their impacts on patient care, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, population health, and healthcare operations
- Provides risk mitigation approaches to address potential AI algorithm problems, liability and regulation
Essential reading for policymakers, clinical executives and consultants in healthcare, this Advanced Introduction explores how to successfully integrate AI into healthcare organizations and will also prove invaluable to students and scholars interested in technological innovations in healthcare.
'Leaders in assessing the impact of analytics and directing the adoption of novel information technologies address the near term challenges of AI applied to clinical care at scale.'
– Isaac Kohane, Harvard University, US
, Distinguished Professor, Babson College, Fellow, MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy and Senior Advisor, Deloitte's AI Practice, John Glaser
, Executive in Residence, Harvard Medical School and Lecturer, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, US and Elizabeth Gardner
, Independent Journalist.