Focuses on the main activities of the organization and details of its current structure, staff and budget.
The 2022 Annual Report provides a comprehensive account of the WTO's activities in 2021 and early 2022. It opens with a message from WTO Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala reflecting the current challenges facing world trade (as of end-June 2022) and the role of the WTO in helping the world address these challenges. Spotlights highlight the appointment of the Director-General, the impact of COVID-19 on world trade, and the 2021 Public Forum.
The Report also looks back at the successful conclusion of the WTO's 12th Ministerial Conference which took place from in June 2022.
Table of Contents:
- Message from Director-General
- Highlights of DG Okonjo-Iweala's first year in office
- Understanding the WTO
- What we do
- A brief history
- A year in review
- 2021: a snapshot
- Our year
- Joining the WTO
- A global membership
- Trade negotiations
- Implementation and monitoring
- Spotlight: Impact of COVID-19 on world trade
- Dispute settlement activity
- Supporting development and building trade capacity
- Spotlight: Public Forum 2021
- Secretariat and budget
- 12th Ministerial Conference – a snapshot