Each of the five developing member countries of ADB featured in this book provides a unique development context, but together they present a panoramic view of SOEs in the region. In the Republic of Korea, meanwhile, the evolving role of the public sector in various stages of SOE development is observed. The corporate governance framework is also highlighted in this book, as it posits that government agenda should focus on SOE reforms to promote the long-term productivity-induced growth that is essential to Asia's transition to high-income status.
- State-Owned Enterprises and Economic Development in Asia
- State-Owned Enterprises in the Republic of Korea
- Enhancing the Development Contribution of Indonesia's State-Owned Enterprises
- Performance of State-Owned Enterprises in Kazakhstan
- State-Owned Enterprises in the People's Republic of China
- State-Owned Enterprise Reforms in Azerbaijan
- State-Owned Enterprises in Viet Nam