This book provides a systematic analysis of the law and practice of EU competition/antitrust law and trade regulation in the pharmaceutical sector. Authored by leading private practitioners, economists, scholars and high-profile competition enforcers, this work provides valuable insider knowledge on the application of competition law and policies to the pharmaceutical industry.
Key features include:
- Extensive commentary on the legislation and the latest case law and administrative precedents in the pharmaceutical sector, at both EU and national level
- Coverage of various key developments including the recent pay-for-delay antitrust investigations, the perennial issues around parallel trade, and an examination of mergers among pharmaceutical companies and medical devices manufacturers
- In-depth analysis of topics commonly raised in the pharmaceutical sector including: pricing policies, IP life-cycle management, IP licensing and horizontal cooperation agreements
- Key economic and business perspectives to accompany legal analysis, providing the reader with a rounded view of the subject matter.
This book will be a useful resource for lawyers and in-house counsel active in the pharmaceutical sector. The information and analysis provided will prepare readers to take on cases and drive the antitrust review of transactions and agreements within the industry. Researchers, economists and civil servants with an interest in competition law and trade regulation can also benefit from the practical insights provided therein.
'Impressive and comprehensive. Any practitioner, policy maker or corporate counsel with an interest in the pharmaceutical industry will find in this book a full overview of the competition and trade issues facing the sector, both from a legal and economic perspective, and covering all the major economies in the world.'
– Gunnar Niels, Oxera Consulting LLP, UK
Contributors: R. Amils, N. Blalock, H. Brokelmann, C. Caballero, P. Callol, N. Carbonnelle, P. Caro de Sousa, M.A. Carrier, B. Durand, P. Figueroa, A. Foster, M. Ganino, O. Gannon, A. Guerrero, G.A. Hay, P. Hecker, J. Heithecker, F. Hernández, M. Ioannidou, I. Kokkoris, L. Luchianov, F. Maier-Rigaud, M. Martens, A. Minho López, P. Moullet, E. Navarro Varona, P. Riedel, S.B. Thomas, T. Weck.
Edited by Pablo Figueroa
, Partner and Head of EU and Competition, Garrido Abogados, Spain, Lecturer, Queen Mary University, London, UK and Alejandro Guerrero
, Of Counsel, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Belgium.