New, legally enforced standards, available from 1 August 2019. All Europoean Pharmacopoeial texts included.
Updated annually, the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
It includes approximately 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a BP monograph exists, medicinal products or active pharmaceutical ingredients sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph.
All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) are reproduced in the BP, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
The standard package includes a printed edition, an online licence and a download for offline use; but other formats and bundles are available.
Add the BP Archive option to your standard package and receive online access to all the BP editions from 2014 to date. The Archive is a useful tool that enables you to switch between different versions of a monograph by publication to help users track what's changed.
New for the BP 2020
The BP 2020 supersedes the BP 2019 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2020. This edition incorporates new monographs from both the BP and Ph. Eur. along with a significant number of revised monographs.
- 35 new BP monographs, 40 new Ph. Eur. monographs
- 331 amended BP monographs
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 9th Edition and Supplements 9.1 to 9.8 included
- Ph. Eur. 10th edition, plus supplements 10.1 and 10.2 included as in-year online and download product updates
- New timeline functionality and cleaner design helps you find the information you need more effectively. Easily see updates, withdrawals and omissions of monographs. Archive subscribers can now identify all previous editions of BP and Ph. Eur., through the improved navigation.
- We're releasing 16 new BPCRS to coincide with the new and revised monographs in the BP 2020. This means that you can order the new chemical reference standards alongside the BP 2020 - helping you comply with the new standards by January 2020.
The BP 2020 complete package
The complete package is a great value-for-money option including:
- A six-volume hard copy (printed) edition, including the BP (Veterinary) 2020
- A single-user online licence* for BP Online
- A single-user download for offline use*
*Single-user licences are granted solely to one designated holder. Multi-user licences are available.
Operating system requirements: Windows 7* or higher, or Mac OS X v10.11 to 10.14 with a minimum of 4GB of memory (8GB recommended).
*BP Download customers should be aware that from January 2020 Microsoft will no longer support the Windows 7 platform. We will no longer carry out testing of the Download product on the Windows 7 platform after January 2020 or be able to support BP customers who use it. Please refer to the following link for more information from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020
Key customer groups
The BP is a must have for suppliers and sellers of active pharmaceutical ingredients and medicinal products in the UK. For corporate pharmaceutical organisations to develop high-quality medicinal products in compliance with regulations, the BP 2019 features a variety of important monograph updates providing users with the information they need to maintain compliance. This helps mitigate against any issues supplying or selling products later on.
Key corporate customers include: Pharmaceutical researchers and manufacturers, chemists, biotechnologists, quality assurance and quality controls inspectors, laboratory technicians and regulatory bodies.
Flexible options for single and multiple users are available for the BP Online.
Specialist researchers and lecturers in the field of pharmacy, biological science, biochemistry and pharmaceutical science can use the BP for research into medicinal products using the most up-to-date monographs.
Flexible options and discounts are available for our academic customers.